PRESENT: Norman Baker, Jon Ebensperger, Terry Johnson, Davis Niebeling, Jim Turvaville, Kimberly Lunda, Chris Zenner, Army Corps of Engineers and DNR personal.
Discussion with Army Corp of Engineers on Partnering for the Head of Lake Pepin Project.
- Introductions- formal introduction on Army Corps of Engineers and DNR part along with the board, office and public works
- Project Overview-Discussion on what the current plans are for the habitat restoration project.
- Equipment and Temporary Staging Facility- Questions from Army Corp of Engineers and DNR regarding the possible use of our campground area for a staging area. The board was all in agreement on allowing this to take place. It was also discussed about possible benefits from allowing the staging area in the campground.
- Public Meeting Location – The board agreed that Village Hall can be used as a meeting location.
- Question and Answer Session
Adjourn that part of the meeting.
MOTION to Approve Berghammer Builders from Clayton, WI to complete the Village Campground Shower/Restroom building at the price of $307,688.00. Other bids received Market & Johnson, Eau Claire, WI $338,987.00, Ross & Associates, Ltd. River Falls, WI $371,100
MOTION to go into Closed Session-roll call vote per Wis. State 19.85 (1)(g) to confer with legal counsel (either by phone or in person) who is rendering oral or written advise concerning strategy to be adopted by the board with respect to litigation in which it is involved with David Meixner.
MOTION to return from closed session – roll call vote
ACTION FROM CLOSED SESSION The board reviewed work performance for employee Kirk Heusinkvelt. The board felt due to the amount of damaged equipment he has completed over the past year he should be placed on leave until he has his hernia surgery completed and that he can not return until his doctor says he is 100%. President Turvaville and Trustee Ebensperger will meet with him on Monday morning to inform him. Temporary help will be found until we know if Kirk will be able to return to work. At this time, he is no longer the Operator in Charge, Christopher Zenner will now be the Operator in Charge.
The board also wants the discipline policy and accident policies and procedures reviewed and changed. The board will be doing this at the March 2020 board meeting.
MOTION to Approve bills by Ebensperger/Niebeling, motion carried.
Clerk/Treasurer/Village of Bay City