Village of Bay City

2017 Village of Bay City FYI

Download the PDF

Property Tax Payment Notice

Here are some tips on paying your property tax.

First half of property taxes are due January 31. Second half installment of property taxes is paid to the Pierce County Treasurer.

Make checks payable to VILLAGE OF BAY CITY.

Payments can be mailed or dropped at the utility payment box at Handy Mart.

All payments must be made by check, cashiers check or money order.

Taxes, dog licenses, invoices and utility payments must be made by separate check. Combined payment checks will be returned, delaying processing of your payments!

Mortgage companies that requested a copy of the tax bill are marked. If you have 2 parcels but only 1 is marked, your mortgage company only asked for the tax bill that is marked.

Copies of the tax roll listing are available on the website at under The Village and Forms.

All homeowners will be sent a receipt, even if the bill was paid by a mortgage company. If you did not receive a receipt, consider it UNPAID.

If you have questions, please call 715-594-3168

Also view the ACH Payment form.

Residential Cross Connection Program

The purpose of the program as defined in the local Cross Connection Ordinance*, is to help eliminate the possible contamination of the public water distribution and to ensure that everyone in the community has safe, clean drinking water.

All properties, residential & commercial, connected to the municipal water service will be contacted over the next months in order to schedule a date and time (approx. 15min) for the Public Works Department to provide informational guides and to discuss any issues that might be of concern to either party.

How to reduce and prevent Cross Connections:

Hire approved personnel for the installation of any contaminant backflow prevention devices to ensure that local codes and manufacturer’s recommendations are met.

Use only assemblies or devices approved by the appropriate state or local authority.

For more information
WI Department of Safety and Professional Services (formerly DOC)
WI Department of Natural Resources
Cross-Connection Control/Backflow Prevention


Animal Control Ordinance

Village ordinance requires that any animal is to be on a leash in all village parks. Animals must be under the owners control at all times. This ordinance also includes penalties for not cleaning up after your pet while it is out for a walk. Fines can be up to $500 for failure to leash and/or under your control and cleanup after your pet.

Brush Dump

To have the dump opened please call the Clerk @ 715-594-3168 or Public Works @715-594-3767. Remember the dump is for Brush and untreated lumber only!

Garbage & Recycling

Garbage is picked up on Wednesdays of each week. You should have your garbage and recycling out by 6AM on pickup days. Standard garbage container is 35 gallons. If this size is not large enough please contact the clerk’s office for a 65 gallon can which is an additional $2 per month, or a 95 gallon which is an additional $4 per month.

Recycling is picked up on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month. Recycling is co-mingled. Paper and cardboard can go in one container and cans, plastic and glass can be placed in another. All cardboard must be broken down into sheets no larger than 4’ x 4’.

Putting recyclables in brown paper bags works best. They will recycle the bag when they pick it up!

Messages from Public Works Department

To help cut down on sewer cost, do not use the toilet as a trash can! Items such as needles and feminine hygiene products are not biodegradable!! These items can damage the sewer system pumps and valves and have to be removed manually causing costly repairs. Placing these items in the trash will help keep costs down and our employee’s safe.

With the approaching winter and colder months remember to turn the heat on around pipes and meters and also insulate the pipes and meters.

It is your responsibility Curb stops are the owner’s responsibility. They must always be accessible to Public Works. If you don’t know where your curb stop is you could have serious trouble should a water leak occur in your home!

For Street light outages, report to the Public Works @594-3767, address, pole #, or trailer # if in trailer park. Leave message.

Do not plow or shovel snow onto streets!

Building Permits

Building permits (not applications) must be in hand before you begin a project. Decks, sheds, garages all require a building permit, even in the mobile home park. If you are not sure if you need a permit for your project, be sure to call the clerks office at 594-3168. There are times, when a building permit is not

You may call the clerk for an application or get one from the Bay City website Fill out and return to the clerk with payment. This should be done at least 2 months prior to start of new home building and 2 weeks prior to the start of all other projects. Once the clerk has received the completed application with payment, they will fax the application to Galen Seipel, he will issue a permit and mail it to the applicant.

If a permit is not in hand before the project begins, the penalty is double the regular permit fee plus $10 per day fine plus court costs.

Parking Ordinance Review

REMINDER there is NO parking on any village street between 5AM and Noon of the day following a 2 inch or more snow fall. Vehicles parked on the street during this time are subject to towing at the owners expense and possible citations. You cannot move from side to side of the street during this time, you must be OFF the street.

Also, the parking of all/any trailers on village streets is limited to 6 hours. If a trailer is parked more than 6 hours it is subject to towing at the owners expense and possible citation.

The village also has an ordinance that prohibits parking more than 48 hours on village streets year round. Vehicles parked more than 48 hours are also subject to towing at the owner’s expense and citation. If you leave town for any vacation or an extended period of time beyond the 48 hours, you should remove all vehicles from the street before leaving.

Dog Licensing

Licensing is a state requirement. All dogs must be licensed by April 1st of each year. If you get a puppy, the dog must be licensed once they reach 5 months of age, regardless of the

April 1st date. The fine for not licensing your dog is $50-$500 per dog from the state and/or $100-$800 from the village. The cost for licensing is $10 – $15. There is a $25 late fee per dog, for dogs owned, but not licensed in the time frame outlined above.

State law requires the village to turn names of owners with unlicensed dogs over to the district attorney for prosecuting and may be issued a citation from the village. Dogs are to be kept under immediate control at ALL times. Dogs
are not to be “running at large”.If you let your dog out and they leave your yard, they are “running at large”!

Dogs that are found running at large will be picked up and taken to a designated shelter at your expense and/or a citation issued for up to $500 per occurrence.

View the dog license application page.

Is Your Money Going Down the Drain?

It is if you have a leaking faucet or toilet. A steady stream, only 1/16” in diameter, will cause over 29,000 gallons to be lost in 1 month. At $4.46/1000 gallons, over $111.15 just went down the drain! Always fix leaks immediately to help save your cash and our environment.

Removal of Ice and Snow from Sidewalks

Village ordinance requires the removal of ice and snow from all sidewalks on your property within 24 hours of completed rain/snowfall. Fines and penalties for failure to comply are $263.00 for a citation along with a fee of $100 an hour for removal. Do not plow or shovel snow into streets!

Village Board Members

  • Jim Turvaville, President
  • Norman Baker, Trustee
  • Jesse Hohmann, Trustee
  • Jon Ebensperger, Trustee
  • Davis Niebeling, Trustee
Scroll to Top